Israel kills four Hamas terrorists in Jabalya, including one who partook in in Oct. 7 attacks
The IDF and Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) struck four Hamas terrorists on Wednesday, one of whom participated in the October 7 Hamas attacks in 2023, the military announced on Thursday evening.
The terrorist that partook in the October 7 attacks and was killed was Shadi Diab Abd Al-Hamid Falouji. He was a part of the terror organization’s East Jabalya Battalion.
The second terrorist was named Mohammed Sharif, a terrorist in Hamas’s general security apparatus involved in the terror group’s hostage release ceremony of the released Israeli hostage Agam Berger.
The third terrorist was Mohammed Hani Atiya Daour, who served as the Head of Hamas’s Rocket and Mortar Squad.
The fourth terrorist was Mohammed Issa Mahmoud Askari, also a terrorist in Hamas’s general security apparatus, the IDF said.
The strike in the northern Gazan city was directed at a command center of the terror group that also served as a meeting point, the military said.
IDF expanding renewed invasion of Gaza
The announcement of the four terrorists’ deaths came hours after reports of the IDF expanding its renewed invasion of Gaza, which includes the neighborhood of Shejaia, also in the northern part of the enclave, where the harshest battles of 2014’s Operation Protective Edge took place.
The IDF is moving a substantial amount of Gazan civilians who return to the northern areas back south and west to the al-Masawi humanitarian zone.
IDF Chief Spokesperson Brig.-Gen. Effie Defrin said on Thursday that 250 Hamas terrorists had been killed by Israeli forces since the war resumed. Defrin made these statements at his first press conference after taking office late last month.
Since March 18, the IDF has struck over 600 targets, according to Defrin, and then elaborated that the strikes would pave the way for IDF ground troops to enter deeper into Gaza.